Oasis Bethany Church – A history of passion for God and passion for people.

historyIn late 1920’s a burden to take the gospel and Pentecostal message to every community burned in the hearts of many ministers throughout eastern North Carolina. In June of 1927, this burden brought J.A. West, Milton Stewart, G. T. Stargle, and Julia Woodall together to begin a tent revival on what is now part of the Oasis Bethany Church of God of Prophecy church campus. God honored the outreach effort of these individuals with a mighty outpouring of His spirit. The tent revival continued for nine weeks.

It was this outpouring that birthed Oasis Bethany Church of God of Prophecy. The church was organized shortly after the revival on August 27 of that same year. Two of the leaders of the revival, J.A. (Jesse) West and Julia Woodall served as the first pastor and church clerk, respectively.

The burden of reaching our community and beyond still burns in the heart of the Oasis Bethany Church family.